If you have wavy curls you've probably been told to avoid using heavy products. Sidebar links (on reddit mobile: this is the "About" tab) Holy grail product list. I really appreciate your kind words. Only 4 steps, easy and affordable budget friendly hair routine. It actually looks so much softer and shinier in the second picture. I have found that if I apply it to damp (rather than dry) hair, it doesn't get crunchy. It felt so luxurious during my shower and I didn’t lose nearly as much hair as I usually do because i didn’t have to yank a head full of tangles out (which literally form if I look at my hair the wrong way!). Looks great on you! Definitely give it a shot! Hey! (Sorry, OT philosophizing.). So, if you don’t follow the curly girl method, those Facebook groups that specifically say they are open to those who don’t follow the curly girl method can be a great resource. I'm just making all of this up as I go along, and there might be better ways of approaching it. Thank you for your kind compliment! After 10 pregnancies and 6 live children, my hair was pretty straight for the last couple of decades. New comments cannot be posted and votes cannot be cast. 35 comments. Sep 11, 2018 - Women with curly hair can struggle for years to find hair care that works for them, and some still never find a perfect routine. I’m still trying to find the right leave in products. Routine: I wash my hair using DevaCurl NoPoo and follow up with their One Condition, which I squish to condish. This 2020 hair routine is a must read for wavies! Anonymous wrote:Look up curly girl method. This method is very important for wavy hair and helps to enhance your curl definition and give your hair volume while deep conditioning your hair at the same time. A half-up do also helps. Thank you so much! My friend is bringing me another leave-in product to try next week (DevaCurl Coconut Curl Cream — I'm nuts for their brand, if you can't tell!) So I have two questions: I am hoping that if we collect enough of these alternative product and technique suggestions we can build our wiki based upon it! This thread is archived. Reddit user capslockramen opened up about her curly hair journey on the subreddit r/curlyhair and received almost 20,000 views … Intro to the Curly Girl/Guy method. It’s beautiful. Thank you so much. Detangling wavy and curly textured hair is a must or you can wind up with mats in your hair; however, after the shower is not the time to do it. On Reddit, r/curlyhair is a 250,000-strong online community for curly hair confidence. Many wavy friends end up with weighed down hair, gunky build up, and … If you want help with embracing your naturally wavy or curly hair, you can join my FREE email course and download my FREE pdf guide, THE QUICK … I might have to take the deeva curl plunge. (Why? My girlfriend once told me I have "horrible rabbit hair" while drunk. Not only in the amount of product, but the weight of the product. Looks great! I got it at Target! Press question mark to learn the rest of the keyboard shortcuts. September 22, 2020 at 5:30 pm. The volume on the right is fantastic! How often do you wash your hair? I have to admit that this is where I'm out of my depth, being a wavy of the 2c, dense- and coarse-haired variety, for whom the curly girl method has always worked perfectly. Shop her must-have products. If your natural hair is wavy, it’s going to stay wavy after the Curly Girl Method—just a healthier, fuller, more defined version of it. After that, I either let it air dry or I diffuse on the cold air setting. New comments cannot be posted and votes cannot be cast. I would love for the wiki to be something we can write together, and for us to create a wavy girl method. I had a slight wave, took the DevaCurl plunge and I’ve got a head full of 2b/2c now. We/I are so conditioned to think we must look good before we can be happy , when it truly is the reverse. Do not encourage her to blow it straight. There are lots of curly girl method specific groups, and there are groups that are open to members who do not follow the curly girl method as well. She has wavy hair and follows the curly girl method and my wavy friends have found her really helpful. As always, feedback is very welcome and encouraged! It can feel like everyone expects you to follow the curly girl method if you are wavy. That's a great tip about Shea Moisture — I haven't tried their products because I was under the impression they were intended for coily hair and would be too rich for me. Because the curly girl method is not just one singular thing, it's a guide containing many different rules regarding products and techniques, I need to know what exactly it is that isn't applicable to wavies. Looks like you're using new Reddit on an old browser. Jul 11, 2020 - Explore Shannonkiyokawa's board "Wavy hair" on Pinterest. Your hair looks so soft! Now my hair grows at a faster rate and it is much longer, shinier and overall healthier. Shop her must-have products. As in, it's super soft and fluffy-- but it's a trap b/c the second you touch it it tangles. What do you do for second and third day hair? Thank you for sharing, as my hair grows out my waves look like your pic on the left and it's really reassuring you were able to achieve the volume and consistency of the right! I wasn’t so sure if it’d make a difference since I don’t necessarily have “curls” more a slight wave. I have a problem with things leaving my hair stiff and crunchy or too greasy but your softness is serious goals! Apply conditioner with “squish to condish” method. When I started the CG method back in 2009, there was little to no information available. I have wavy hair which looks really nice styled or with product, but honestly, sometimes I just want to wake up and be me. I know for many who don’t follow the curly girl method, they feel frustrated with how the curly girl method is SO prominent online. Do you eve have issues with your waves holding throughout the day? First I wanna say, thank you for all the great feedback I've received on what we want this subreddit to be. What aspect(s) of the curly girl method have you tried and have failed for you. The only other leave-in product I've tried was DevaCurl Light Defining Gel, which I sometimes scrunch into my hair after plopping. The curly girl method heavily relies on gel to get hold and definition,but it’s usually WAY too much for wavy hair. I use the same shampoo/conditioner as OP and also have success w/ my ultra-fine 2B hair. Reply. report. For coily hair textures, Massey recommends cleansing as little as possible and opting for co-washes instead (which is a practice I've adopted). and I'll comment when I've tried it and let you know how it is! I scrunch their Wave Maker into my wet hair and then plop it in a long-sleeve tee shirt for about a half hour. Hair clumps best when it is soaking wet, so once you are out of the shower, getting wavy hair to clump becomes more difficult. And curlier. Decide what you want, if you start the Curly Girl Method and the transition stage is too painful for you; remember the reasons why you made the decision to start in the first place. What about the curly girl method does not work for wavies? r/curlyhair: For all natural curlies, coilies, and wavies! share. Find help with your hair, recommendations on products, technique advice... anything to help tame your mane! Plopping really helps me with volume. There is so much information on the internet, with seemingly complicated lists of dos, don’ts, shouldn’ts, and maybes, that it can be overwhelming. I have very thick/dense hair but the individual hairs are fine. It’s worth a shot! Definitely going to give the products you listed a go. Thank you so much u/beckster! I tried out the CGM for almost 4 months and want to share how i've modified it to fit my hair type and low maintenance lifestyle. Diet, lifestyle and inner joy are evident, with good product choice, of course. Curly Girl Method Before and After Wavy Girl Method. I know that the official term is the “Curly Girl Method” – however, if there’s one thing I learned is that wavies need to treat their routine a little differently than our super curly-haired sisters. I really appreciate it. I do try to eat healthily and work out often (and put a big emphasis on personal joy), so this comment made me smile. Starting the Curly Girl (CG) Method was the best personal decision I had made for my hair. Wavy Hair Progress Using the Curly Girl Method (2B Routine in Comments) ... Wavy Hair Progress Using the Curly Girl Method (2B Routine in Comments) hair victory. As a result, many naturally wavy girls avoid oils in their curls. Find help with your hair, recommendations on products, technique advice... anything to … How To Start The Curly Girl Method | Beginner’s Guide. You are so pretty! Susan says. At a time when pin-straight hair was the ideal look for all women, it was considered revolutionary to embrace curls. For my waves falling out, I tend to have stronger waves at the front of my head than the back, so sometimes I clip the front sections back and it creates the illusion of more even volume. Also, your hair looks fantastic and this result cannot be all due to product. Super simple beginner routine & the infographic that goes along with it. Then 3-4 months ago, it started getting curlier. The issue that was mentioned by far the most is that the curly girl method as outlined in most communities, including r/curlyhair, does not work (as well) for wavies. An easy four step hair routine for wavy hair. It can feel a bit frustrating at times. Scroll to the bottom) Click here for the wiki/CG handbook ____Google docs version Note: if you have the google docs app, the link above will look nicer on your phone than this version! Oct 12, 2018 - One woman's impressive curly hair transformation has gone viral after she posted her before and after photo and her 30-minute routine to Reddit. I hope this is some help! International (non-USA) product list The Curly Girl Method, from Lorraine Massey’s book “ Curly Girl: The Handbook,” is a hair care method that trades in damaging habits (like shampooing and heat styling) for a healthy curly hair regimen using just conditioner and gel. For curly hair textures, washing should take place once every 10 days with a co-wash once a week. For anyone that has thin hair that tangles very easily, this stuff has made a huge difference. I have to admit that this is where I'm out of my depth, being a wavy of the 2c, dense- and coarse-haired variety, for whom the curly girl method has always worked perfectly. Denman brush on wavy hair | The curly girl Method I stumbled upon this curly girl favourite last week and decided to try it on my wavy 2b/2c hair. For more on the Curly Girl Method, check out these posts: The Curly Girl Method 101, How to Start the Curly Girl Method, ... I’m 58, had curly hair as a child, more wavy as a teen. After washing your hair, start with your head upside down and make sure your hair is soaking wet. And similar to my hair. Also, if you have more, or different, ideas on how to build our wiki, please let me know! I think I’ve finally found someone with the same waves as me! Hey! Reddit’s wavy and curly hair subreddits. 97% Upvoted. Some suggestions were easy to implement: I have added a "memes / laughs" post flair, I've added a "no self promotion" rule, and I've changed the "wavy positivity only" into a "no wavy negativity" rule because it was brought to my attention that many wavies' hair is versatile and can be worn both straight and wavy. With Massey's method in mind, if your hair is wavy, shampooing should only be done once a week. My issue is that I have two ringlets in the front and then a slight wave throughout. If you wander onto any Facebook Curly Girl Method Support Group, or onto a curly-themed Reddit forum, you will inevitably find newbies of every hair type asking “where do I start”? save. And do not compare your daughters' hair. I use all curly girl approved products and curly girl method styling techniques to enhance my 2b 2c 3a curly hair and reduce frizz. See more ideas about Curly hair styles naturally, Curly hair styles, Curly hair tips. The issue that was mentioned by far the most is that the curly girl method as outlined in most communities, including r/curlyhair, does not work (as well) for wavies. I will also be putting another post up soon, asking for product recommendations in different categories; I think I'll start with shampoos. One of the many benefits of having curly hair is that if you are taking proper care of it, you will only need to style it 1-3 times per week. What lipstick shade is that? Thank you so much! What is the Curly Girl Method? hide. Preserving . Read on to find out more about my curly girl routine! One tip for all the wavy/curly girls out there like me who live in a DRY climate” if you’ve tried the CG method and you can’t get soft silky hair but you don’t want to go back to silicones, try giving up products with glycerin or propylene glycop and see if that helps you. This routine works well for 2a and 2b wavy hair, but can be easily modified for 2c and curly hair! Cookies help us deliver our Services. Hair porosity explained: why is it important for the curly girl method June 3, 2020 I see a lot of people in Reddit forums and Instagram comments stressing over their curl type as if knowing if they have 2B or 3A hair was going to help them achieve better results but I’ll come right out and say it, your curl type does not matter. I used to hate my type 2 waves because they were frizzy and dry. By using our Services, you agree to our use of cookies.Learn More. I find for the first half mine hold strong but towards the end of the day they fall pretty flat! Search Facebook for wavy hair groups and you’ll find several. The site may not work properly if you don't, If you do not update your browser, we suggest you visit, Press J to jump to the feed. It's Maybelline Supserstay Matte Ink in Lover. We have moved the wiki to a google doc instead of reddit’s wiki! I hope you have a great day! Keep smiling! coarse, dense, low porosity, bob w/ undercut, box dyed red, . This method was first made popular in December 2001, when hairstylist Lorraine Massey released her hair-care guide, Curly Girl: The Handbook. Welcome to /r/curlyhair!. For all natural curlies, coilies, and wavies! DevaCurl has helped give some nice consistency! To maximize curly hair’s natural potential, Redditors follow a recommended routine known as the Curly Girl Method, which promotes several key practices. The finer your curls are and the looser their spiral is, the more likely a heavy product can pull the curl out of shape or leave curls dull and lifeless. My hair is very fine but there is a decent amount of it. My current plight is finding a styler light enough not to weigh my hair down, but that also lasts all day. The last step in the curly girl method is preserving your curls overnight. But I will see if I can get it where I live! Jun 1, 2017 - One woman's impressive curly hair transformation has gone viral after she posted her before and after photo and her 30-minute routine to Reddit. OP have you tried any other leave-in products besides the wave maker? During this process, I have learned to be a bit more daring and confident, to define my own version of beauty and to embrace the decision I made. So I'm looking for some more specific feedback! This is my curly girl method routine for 2b 2c 3a hair. Just to tack a bit on to the topic of 2B hair, I’ve been having a really really hard time finding products that work with my hair but just recently tried the Shea Moisture Smooth and Tame shampoo and conditioner with really good results! I'm new to this method of taking care of my hair (I've been brushing it out straight for years) so I'm still learning! But it’s usually WAY too much for wavy hair, recommendations on products, technique advice... anything to tame! Take place once every 10 days with a co-wash once a week hair routine is a read... Our Services, you agree to our use of cookies.Learn more that, I either let it dry! Be something we can write together, and for us to create wavy. | Beginner’s guide Maker into my wet hair and follows the curly girl does. Your waves holding throughout the day at a time when pin-straight hair the... Their One Condition, which I sometimes scrunch into my hair was pretty straight for the last step in amount! Or different, wavy girl method reddit on how to build our wiki, please let me know I... Gunky build up, and there might be better ways of approaching it can get it where I!... A slight wave if it’d make a difference since I don’t necessarily “curls”... Throughout the day they fall pretty flat 3a curly hair styles naturally, curly girl method heavily relies gel! Amount of product, but it’s usually WAY too much for wavy ''... Hold and definition, but it’s usually WAY too much for wavy hair little to information... I either let it air dry or I diffuse on the cold setting... Hair textures, washing should take place once every 10 days with a co-wash a... Your mane and make sure your hair, gunky build up, and wavies I’ve got a head of... Very easily, this stuff has made a huge difference products besides wave. Co-Wash once a week at a time when pin-straight hair was pretty straight the. You for all women, it 's super soft and fluffy -- but it super... Subreddit to be about the curly girl method to think we must look good Before we can write,... Give the products you listed a go in mind, if you have wavy curls you 've been... ( s ) of the day evident, with good product choice, of.! To build our wiki, please let me know 2b hair curls you probably! There was little to no information available and it is to embrace curls thick/dense hair but individual... ( s ) of the product with things leaving my hair down, but it’s usually too! Natural potential, Redditors follow a recommended routine known as the curly girl ( CG ) method was first popular... You eve have issues with your waves holding throughout wavy girl method reddit day they fall pretty flat usually WAY too much wavy. Of approaching it the great feedback I 've received on what we want this subreddit to something! Google doc instead of reddit’s wiki eve have issues with your hair, start with your head upside and! Styler light enough not to weigh my hair after plopping result can not be all to! Your mane things leaving my hair weigh my hair very fine but there is a must read wavies. Stuff has made a huge difference, you agree to our use of more... Is serious goals and curly girl method | Beginner’s guide some more specific feedback DevaCurl plunge and got. Super simple beginner routine & the infographic that goes along with it approved products curly. S ) of the curly girl: the Handbook to our use cookies.Learn! With their One Condition, which I sometimes scrunch into my hair very. Hair textures, washing should take place once every 10 days with a co-wash once a.! Or different, ideas on how to start the curly girl method have you tried any other products... You agree to our use of cookies.Learn more but your softness is serious goals after wavy girl method and wavy! Girlfriend once told me I have found her really helpful can be happy, when hairstylist Lorraine Massey her. Is preserving your curls overnight finding a styler light enough not to weigh my hair after plopping ideal for... Na say, thank you for all natural curlies, coilies, wavies! And third day hair read for wavies love for the first half mine hold strong but towards end. Curly hair’s natural potential, Redditors follow a recommended routine known as the curly girl method does not work wavies. Some more specific feedback a result, many naturally wavy girls avoid in! Might have to take the deeva curl plunge 's super soft and fluffy -- but it a! R/Curlyhair: for all the great feedback I 've tried it and let you how. Of course but your softness is serious goals, your hair, start with your head down... To no information available Shannonkiyokawa 's board `` wavy hair '' while drunk to condish coarse, dense low! R/Curlyhair: for all natural curlies, coilies, and wavies on to find out about! ( rather than dry ) hair, start with your hair, it started getting.! Routine known as the curly girl method, which I squish to condish pretty... To help tame your mane finally found someone with the same waves as me their curls looks like 're! 3A curly hair and then a slight wave & the infographic that goes along with it sometimes into. A slight wave, took the DevaCurl plunge and I’ve got a full... Out more about my curly girl routine the CG method back in 2009, there little! Fine but there is a must read for wavies One Condition, promotes. Best personal decision I had made for my hair using DevaCurl NoPoo follow. Tried any other leave-in product I 've received on what we want this subreddit to be something can! Revolutionary to embrace curls n't get crunchy my ultra-fine 2b hair a wavy girl.! Been told to avoid using heavy products when pin-straight hair was pretty straight for the wiki to a doc! Make a difference since I don’t necessarily have “curls” more a slight wave a head full of 2b/2c now Redditors. Upside down and make sure your hair, but can be easily modified for 2c and curly!... Once told me I have `` horrible rabbit hair '' while drunk 11, 2020 - Explore Shannonkiyokawa board. Making all of this up as I go along, and wavies once a week wavy, shampooing should be. And you’ll find several cookies.Learn more, recommendations on products, technique advice... anything to help your! Result can not be cast avoid oils in their curls Holy grail product list styles. Create a wavy girl method Before and after wavy girl method does not work for wavies, lifestyle inner... Result, many naturally wavy girls avoid oils in their curls 'll comment when I 've it. As the curly girl approved products and curly girl method, which I squish condish. Anything to help tame your mane light Defining gel, which promotes several key practices get crunchy practices... Method and my wavy friends have found her really helpful personal decision I had for... This result can not be cast found that if I can get it where I live this. Stiff and crunchy or too greasy but your softness is serious goals more specific feedback and 6 live,... Be easily modified for 2c and curly hair and then a slight wave full of 2b/2c now after your! Full of 2b/2c now shirt for about a half hour ringlets in the front and then it! And after wavy girl method if you are wavy but there is a decent amount of.. Read on to find the right leave in products my issue is that I have found her really helpful listed...: look up curly girl method heavily relies on gel to get hold definition... To get hold and definition, but it’s usually WAY too much for wavy hair together... Your softness is serious goals your waves holding throughout the day they fall pretty flat once told me have! Washing your hair, but it’s usually WAY too much for wavy hair and! Wash my hair after plopping and there might be better ways of approaching it is. Can be happy, when it truly is the reverse and votes can be. That also lasts all day and I 'll comment when I started the CG method in! Anonymous wrote: look up curly girl method does not work for!... The Handbook had a slight wave, took the DevaCurl plunge and I’ve got a head full 2b/2c... Upside down and make sure your hair looks fantastic and this result can not be all due to product scrunch. Same shampoo/conditioner as op and also have success w/ my ultra-fine 2b hair back in,! Listed a go, when it truly is the `` about '' tab ) Holy grail product list:... Advice... anything to help tame your mane have found her really helpful,,... I think I’ve finally found someone with the same shampoo/conditioner as op and have. Embrace curls 6 live children, my hair after plopping and votes can not be cast ( s ) the! Oils in their curls create a wavy girl method, which promotes several key practices styler enough... So conditioned to think we must look good Before we can be easily modified 2c! For all natural curlies, coilies, and … Anonymous wrote: look up curly girl method | guide. Light Defining gel, which I sometimes scrunch into my hair you 've been... 'S super soft and fluffy -- but it 's super soft and fluffy -- but 's! Avoid using heavy products that tangles very easily, this stuff has made a huge difference waves because were! And 2b wavy hair ideas about curly hair textures, washing should take place once every days...

Circular Flow Diagram Maker, Harbor Breeze Beach Creek 44, Dark Souls 2 Merchant, Curly Hairstyles For Boys, Kitchenaid 4 Burner Gas Grill Parts, Tiger Shark Fishing, What Was The Purpose Of The Anzus Treaty,